Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Universe Conspires Against Me

Suffice it to say that numerous interruptions over the last few days, not the least of which was a power outage due to high wind gusts, have kept me out of the studio. No light = no painting!

Today I was able to get down there for only an hour before needing to run out of the house again, but I did have a minor epiphany. A couple of days ago, I'd seen an article about the importance of getting the values right in a painting, and god knows what a hard time I have with values! Anyway, it occurred to me that I might be able to use Gamblin's Transparent Black in some places that needed to go just a shade darker, so I tried it on the flower bouquets in L. Hones. It worked wonderfully! I was able to darken some tiny areas, and that produces a more realistic sense of lighting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment