Monday, January 11, 2016

Painted Out

Now that I've spent the better part of the last 6 months painting, painting, painting, I need a break. Plus it's time to get the Christmas decorations off the front porch and haul the tree to the street. But part of my New Year's resolutions include art work, and what to do next.

I have some ideas, and had been keeping a list all along of what new things to try once the show was taken care of, but just looking at it is exhausting. Smoky pastels...long format...constructions... I don't know where to even start with constructions! Where do you find the material? Do you start with sketches first, or just let them evolve?

Meanwhile, I have two unfinished paintings leaning against the wall in an effort to trick myself into picking up a brush again. I notice little areas that need to be fixed, and eventually they irk me enough that I start painting them. Here they are:

Left: Counterpoint; right, W. 44th Street; both © 2016

...but I do feel like trying something completely new.



No comments:

Post a Comment