Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Back and Forth, Pink and Blue

This ocean painting looks much better in person, and I've been surprised at how well it's coming along in the last week or so. I mentioned in an earlier post that I hadn't had much hope for it, but it's really pulling together. There's a lot of interplay between the ocean blues (cobalt, ultramarine, indigo, blue grey and azul) and the pinks reflected from the colorful clouds (various magentas, alizarin, etc.) I get a good feeling when I look at it now.
Evening Sky, Avon, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

This next one, Whole Foods, is great fun to work on. Today I concentrated on the frosted glass and the bikes and bike bars in the foreground.

Whole Foods, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And then of course, there was Pershing Square. I tried to work very carefully not to smear the painting I'd done yesterday. But that heavy concrete overhang kept calling to me.

Pershing Square, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)




No comments:

Post a Comment