Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Screwing Up

OK, so, I spent an hour this morning slowly, carefully working on the red and white striped awning on the upper left side. I did my best detail work, and finally nailed it, got every edge perfect, using the fine filberts that arrived just before the weekend. Then, in a lapse of judgment, I turned the painting on its side to finesse the circular signage. Got the edges on that right, too. Lifted my hand from the panel to see red paint smeared all over the awning: I'd stupidly been resting my hand there.

Had to wipe the whole thing off. You can see how the black area is messed up now. I'll need to repaint the entire background. But I did get to work some on the wall.
Rita's, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment