Thursday, November 17, 2016

Hansa Yellow Is Like Sunlight In A Tube

Pretty soon I will have to stop indulging myself with working on paintings that make me happy, and get back to finishing the ones that have reached that difficult stage where they need great attention to detail. But the landscapes and portraits and little floral painting that I just started are therapeutic, and that's what I need right now. The whole focus of my life is in the service of beauty.

I used some Hansa Yellow on the places where sunlight strikes the tops of the vines:
Bluemont, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I started this one last night, and hope to make it as realistic as possible:
A Single Rose, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment