Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Problem With Robert's Sweater

Robert, which I'm hoping to show at Artomatic, is a 48" high, 36"wide canvas. I'm using acrylic instead of oil (it's a long story) so it's a real challenge to blend one area into another before the paint gets sticky and unmanageable. And that sweater is spread over a large area.

Robert, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I've been using a Liquitex retardant medium, and that helps, but trying to mix enough paint and then cover a large area with it is very hard to do. Plus, I'm standing on a concrete floor and after a while it gets painful. Taking a break now but I need to work on this one daily until it's finished. Artomatic is coming up soon, and I want to show this one along with Tam and Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment