Thursday, March 9, 2017

Deadlines

I've always hated deadlines, but they are a prime source of motivation. There are two competitions coming up,one regional, one national, and they both have due dates in April, so I'm prioritizing work on three paintings. Here's what I did this morning on two of them:

Coffee With Andi, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Looking at this one from across the room, I feel confident that its overall color palette is unified. As soon as the parts in the middle dry (I worked on the hair, the ring, and started the checks on the blouse collar) I'll put some effort into the storefronts. And I suspect the verticals are leaning in one direction or another.

Everyone Is On The Dance Floor, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I found some photos of votive candles that are the perfect reference for the three candles on the left that are completely blown out in my original reference photo. Also worked on the big flower containers.

Might get to the America series this afternoon. Sunny and warm here, and there's some yard work that needs attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment