Wednesday, April 5, 2017

An Unexpected Trip To The Doctor, and: Pants

Yesterday I had to put everything aside to get checked out for a minor but very irritating infection, for which I am now on antibiotics. I felt pretty knocked out for the afternoon, but in the evening picked up 3 of the America series panels. It's hard to paint color accurately at night under lamplight, but I knew what hues to use for the grey pants on the figures in those panels: Gris Froid, Payne's Gray, and Titanium White. It was just a matter of creating the form using values.

Susana, George, and Cole, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And today was my final volunteer service at Artomatic. I worked on my iPad during the shift, trying to get some proficiency at Art Rage, a painting and drawing app, but did no studio painting today. Tomorrow there's rain in the forecast and nothing on the schedule but artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment