Monday, April 3, 2017

Light

It's important to capture the sense of light in this one; that's the subject of the painting. In the reference photo, the edges of the glass candle containers are blown out; when I try to paint them in, and when I try to add the warm candle color to the tea lights, I lose the dramatic lighting. So I'm trying to stick to what I see in the reference photo.

Everyone Is On The Dance Floor, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


Meanwhile, it looks like I need to check every ellipse in this painting for accuracy.


And I worked on a little diversion in the last 2 days: I'm not good at watercolor, and I know several artists who could knock your socks off with their beautiful work. Every now and then I'm exposed to one of them and it inspires me to try, at least... This doesn't look like a daffodil to me, but it's a game attempt.




Double Yellow, © 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment