Thursday, May 11, 2017

Reception: Finished

I took the reference photo for this one 3 years ago, at my last show at the gallery. It's occurred to me that if I didn't have this tight deadline, a lot of these paintings wouldn't be done until later in the year. That's not because I'm lazy— it's because there are so many other claims to my time. Over the last few weeks I've had to let the house and the garden fend for themselves. It'll be hard to catch up with the weeding when all this is done, and I'm really tired of seeing dust balls everywhere I go...

But this one is now done!

Reception From 5-9, © 2017 (click on image for larger view)

This painting is going to go right up against the deadline, because places I've worked on today have to dry before I can get back in and take care of some of those sloppy architectural verticals. But I like the overall feel of it, and the vibrancy and energy of the woman across the table from the viewer.

Coffee With Andi, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment