Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Old Work and New

The Atlantic Ocean series is a group of paintings I've been working on over the last several years. The paintings are all in a 10" square format on panel, with a 2" cradle that makes them a pain in the neck to work on but which looks great hanging on a wall. The first set of four, the Dark Blue Phase, and the second set, the Turquoise Phase, are all out at The Green Phoenix 2 in Annapolis, except for the couple of them that have sold. I started the Dawn Phase set a while ago but got sidetracked after finishing the second one, so this morning I decided to start the third in the set.

Atlantic Ocean Series #11, Dawn Phase, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

It would be fun to see all 16 (my plan is to do one more set of 4 after Dawn 11 and 12 are done) hanging on a wall, but I guess that can't happen now.

I did get back to this one today, too:

Stockton Street, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I'm trying not to rush it, just take my time and paint those tiny faces as carefully and correctly as possible. I adjusted the color of the smock on the woman on the left carrying a baby; it's been too warm a pink when the actual color is more of a fuchsia. Those hanging banners at top look like they'll be fun to get back to. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment