Monday, July 10, 2017

Getting A Jump On The Week

This week is shaping up to be pretty busy, so I'm trying to get as much done as possible.

The background on this one finally looks the way I want it to. I worked on it yesterday morning and put it away to dry in a place where I thought there would be less cat hair floating around in the air. This morning I looked it over and it appears to be quite clean, and dry enough for me to peel off the mask. There are a few places where I'll sand the ridges formed by layers of paint meeting the edges of the plastic mask, but in a day or two I'll be able to start on the figures!

The Chair, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

This morning I made just a few changes to Le Diplomate.  I darkened the area just to the left of the walking woman's face; it had been white (you can see it on an earlier version) which made it difficult to see the edges of her face. This way, she stands out. I modified a few other places as well but now have to let it dry.

Saturday Night At Le Diplomate, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Currently working on this one. I'm trying to make the blades of grass less blunt-looking, so I'm having to paint them in a slower, more deliberate manner. But it's tedious!

Contra Costa Marshland, #2, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)



No comments:

Post a Comment