Monday, September 18, 2017

More Restaurant Work

Instead of being virtuous and going to the gym as I'd planned, I took a one hour nap. What the heck. It was an exhausting weekend.

So once I got back to painting, Evening Star was calling my name. Working on it I noticed a reflected "Don't Walk" hand sign (not painted in yet) in the reference photo, and that, for some reason, reminded me of the first time I tried to paint a storefront in art school. The assignment was to set up in front of a shop window and paint everything on the window itself (signage, for example), everything visible behind the window, and everything reflected on the window.

I never finished the assignment, but in reminiscing I now think that it was not so much because I was a timid 17-year old but also because I spent a lot of time trying to capture all of the details correctly.

Anyway: I put in a lot more time this afternoon on several different areas, most noticeably the shelving on the yellow side wall.

Evening Star CafĂ©, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment