Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A Bit More On The Positive Side

Well, the world hasn't blown up yet, but it's still only Wednesday.

When I look at this painting from across the room, it looks finished, but there's some detail around the windows that would make it so much better. The best paintings go that extra step, I believe; when I look at them in museums, it's clear the artists are really paying attention, and even if their methods are less refined in some places on the picture plane, they still get that information across.

Old Town, Late Afternoon, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I'm going to go look for a rigger brush down in the studio. It'll be just right for pulling some bare tree branches out of the foliage in that shadowy spot up near the roof line. I've also started the groundwork on three more panels for the America series.

No comments:

Post a Comment