Friday, October 6, 2017

Two Small Works

It's been a long, slow week. I haven't felt motivated and probably need a week off from painting, but maybe I'll feel more excited on Monday. Although Monday is a federal holiday; that's likely to throw me off schedule.

The little restaurant painting is nearly finished. I've got to do some touch-up on the darkest areas on the right side, since I overbrushed when I made the wall background grey today in an effort to make the yellow wall stand out. Not sure it's successful. I'm considering darkening a couple of other areas, too.

Saturday Night At Le Diplomate, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I'm happy with this one. But that warm color on the left is not really there in the painting itself, just light fall-off from the window.

  Old Town, Late Afternoon, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)





No comments:

Post a Comment