Thursday, November 16, 2017

Back To The Dungeon Studio

With practically everything that I want to work on in varying degrees of drying, I seized the opportunity to get back to a large piece that's been languishing in the basement studio. It's too big for me to accommodate upstairs, where I simply balance the smaller paintings on a chair, and I haven't been down in the basement since June because my cat friend objects.

This is what he looks like whenever I paint in the studio:
                                              We must go back upstairs RIGHT NOW.

The stare is accompanied by yowling. And he sits right behind my stool when he does it, so it's not just annoying, it's distracting. Anyway, I took advantage of his taking a nap this morning and snuck downstairs. Here's what I worked on:

In Case Of Emergency, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

It's a fire extinguisher in a metal case. I hope it'll come along quickly. I like the idea of simulating brushed metal, and there are so many shadows it should be an interesting project; I also like the goofiness of it and can picture it hanging on a wall somewhere, looking like the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment