Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Less Baffled, But Put Off

The chocolate shop scene, A Quiet Evening In Cambridge, is giving me a lot of trouble. I had thought that the image I've been working from, one with incomplete and murky detail, was the only one I'd taken of that particular shop. It turns out I took a couple of steps to the right, though, and snapped another photo immediately after the first one. Having discovered this new reference piece, I realize what some of those obscure shapes are now. Things I couldn't identify now make sense! I have a lot of repainting to do, and there's no way this piece will be ready in time for a Christmas sale.

Meanwhile, I did a lot of work on Caitlyn's dress and hair, and established those highlights on her arms:

Caitlyn, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I still haven't caught the sparkle and liveliness in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment