Sunday, November 5, 2017

New Paint

For some reason, on Friday I was seized with the need to buy a new kind of paint, and I ended up with a bunch of colors in water soluble oils. The idea of sticking to a limited palette made it easier, since I didn't have to part with my entire savings.



The new paints are versatile. They can be mixed with both oils and acrylic paints, watercolors and gouache; they dry faster than traditional oils; and they can be diluted with water and cleaned up with a soap-and-water combination. So I won't need to use odorless mineral spirits with them. But the drying time is the important thing.

I went mostly with Holbein, just to change things up a little, but there are two tubes of Winsor & Newton in there along with a big tube of Golden dark grey. I'm not sure why I bought that, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment