Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Calm Before The Storm

I'm supposed to be putting up decorations and wrapping gifts right now, but here are the results of the morning's work:

  Sometimes She Just Needed To Get Away, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

As usual, as I worked I kept finding areas that I want to enhance. So this won't be done this week. I want to do some blue and green glazing on the water, and the ripples on the right side above the breakers need to be finished.

 The commissioned piece has been picked up, and I have two more to do! The show will be in April of 2019, so there's plenty of time to work on them. Nevertheless, it is nice to be paid, and my recent art supply buying sprees make it a priority to get at least one of the commissions done soon. Here's the photo I'm working from, complete with glare on the protective plastic sleeve:





I'm tentatively calling it "The Hand Of The Artist."

Family starts to arrive Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment