Friday, January 5, 2018

Dropping Off Paintings

This morning (and I should note for future reference: in the freezing cold) I took four paintings to the Susan Calloway Fine Art Gallery in the District. I can't tell you how pleased I am about this new association, though it does mean I have to do a lot more work in the next few months. It was also thrilling to see my "Whole Foods" placed prominently in the front window!


Spent the afternoon or at least the early part of it working on the new piece:

City Chic, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

I've had a tube of Perylene Black hanging around on the paint table for years, and it turns out to be the perfect color for the architectural details on the building, so I'm happy to be finally getting some use out of that. It's a very greenish sort of black, and it mixes with white to be a good match for those old Manhattan buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment