Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Back To Selfies

An art patron is planning a studio visit later in the month, and I'd like to have a couple of the new paintings a little further along for him to see. So I've been concentrating on Selfies, For Rent, and The Gauntlet lately. Selfies is starting to shape up.

  Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

While down in the basement studio, I also put in some time on:

  Somerville Roses, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   
 
And this one:

Keep Out, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
I redrew the shoulder and backbone areas, but now the color's off. Also, the stomach should be rounder. Searched for the old reference files and amazingly, found them in a box of slides. They'll be useful in reworking the thistle and the fence post on the right; I think the thistle needs more color contrast, and the fence post should e a little darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment