Monday, March 12, 2018

Heigh-Ho, HeighHo; It's Off To Work We Go

That song from the 1939 Snow White movie is stuck in my head this morning. I attacked three canvases/panels and feel pretty good about the work. And I found the missing Ieva; I had taken her down to the basement when we had the windstorm in anticipation of doing some easy pattern work on the tunic. She was on a shelf in the rec room and that's why I couldn't find her in the upstairs studio.

So, here's what I did this morning:

  Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

Selfies is coming along pretty well, and soon it will start to make some visual sense.

For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 

Also happy with this; I evened out the back wall, dropped the offendingly high shoulder on the guy, and added a bit of window trim. The panel is bowed in this picture, so the right side looks wonky.


  Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

I'm going to have to do the sky in multiple layers, and with a very soft, wide brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment