Thursday, March 15, 2018

On Track For The Week

Along with Protective Coloration, I've been busy working day and night on a few other things.

This one, yesterday; I'm done with the crystal, just need to decide if the flower petals need to be darkened in a few places. I think it would help the sense of light washing across from left to right.

  Rose Bowl, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Last night I decided to bite the bullet and paint over the pattern work on the right side, below. The placement was just plain wrong; I hate to have to re-do things but there was no other way around it, and even more than repainting, I hate a job that's badly done. So it will be a few more sessions before this one is finished.

Ieva, America series, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 This one needed a long period of undivided attention this morning, and since the window light was soft and accommodating, I went at it. I think the water's finally starting to come together.

    Learned Pond, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And:
 
  Study After A Maid Asleep, (Johannes Vermeer), © 2018, work in progress
 
There's still an absurd amount of detail left to do on the tablecloths, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment