Friday, March 16, 2018

Successful? Or Not?

I want the back wall of the restaurant to have a glowing warmth, and while the color's working, I'm not sure the paint application is. It looks too blotchy to me in some places, too flat in others. Because I'm working from an image on my computer screen, the wall color's made up of all kinds of pixels: yellow ones, burnt orange ones, green ones, red ones, and they all make a beautiful optical mix that I can't duplicate with paint. Still, it looks alright from a few feet away.

Evening Star Café, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 
I have one more painting to work on that's actually a personal project; it's a copy of a painting I sold years ago that I miss. Maybe I'll save that one for the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment