Thursday, April 19, 2018

Biting The Bullet

I've been avoiding making that careful gradation from light to dark on the brushed metal case around the fire extinguisher in In Case Of Emergency for so long I thought it was going to develop cobwebs; bright (though brief) morning sunshine improved my mood enough that I felt energized and ready to tackle it. It was surprisingly easy! Second and third coats of paint usually are. Now to let it dry and then put in the seam details.

In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 

The bright spot in the upper right corner is supposed to be there; the case was under a spot light when I took the reference photo. However, in the actual painting there's more detail and it doesn't have that yellow cast— the wet paint is catching the tungsten lighting in the studio.

Still not sure about the background wall color in this one. I put in a lot of work on some smaller areas, and darkened the table and chair legs:

For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment