Thursday, May 3, 2018

Trying Out Color

Got to sleep late last night, as Michael Avenatti was on the Stephen Colbert show; then around 6am helicopters started buzzing the are for about 20 minutes. On top of everything else, I had a medical appointment this morning, and got back later than I would have liked. As a result of all the disturbances I just haven't been able to get into the painting zone today; this is why I hate having any kind of claim on my time. If I don't have a whole day free from any obligations, it's hard to get my head into gear for painting.

This is all I've been able to work on so far. I'm trying to mix the correct colors for the ocean. The entire figure, by the way, has to go darker— when I look at it against the white background, it just looks too pale.

Finding A Shell, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
I did, by the way, stretch the canvas for that atmospheric beach scene, and will be starting that one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment