Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Completed: Keep Out

As I've said before, I had not intended any kind of political statement when I started this piece several years ago. But now that's the only way I see it.

When I was out of town last month, I found some mature thistle plants while on a nature walk, and they were just what I needed to finish this painting off the way I'd always envisioned it. So now there are bright pink spots of color over on the right side. Anyway, unless I decide to put in some poison ivy on the left, it's going off to the gallery.

Keep Out, © 2018 (click on image for larger view)
Earlier this morning I also put in some time on Emergency, doing some careful blending of shadows into lighter areas:

In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
So far, I'm happy with the way it's going.


No comments:

Post a Comment