Sunday, September 16, 2018

Anticipation

I am excited about the prospect of doing two things on this painting: putting in the little lights that define the mood of the scene, and laying on that thin layer of varnish that's going to bring out the colors and give the whole painting depth. This is how boring my life is: I'm excited about a varnish layer, for crying out loud.

Closing Up, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 I'm really pushing hard. I worked on all five paintings yesterday, and four of them today. The one below should be done by Friday. Well, they should ALL be done by Friday.

When I Woke Up I Was In Brooklyn, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
This still has a lot of work to go: those black window frames take forever to dry, so that's been slowing me down. I keep smearing them.

Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Did not remember to photograph For Rent while there was still daylight. Tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment