Friday, September 14, 2018

Out Of Adrenaline

Yesterday I put in a decent amount of time on Closing Up, then went off to a birthday lunch celebration. The lunch was fun, and it was good to see friends and share some stories and laughs, but as it always is when I leave the house, I came home and just sank into a chair. It's been weeks since I took a nap; I've just been painting, painting, painting, all on adrenaline; but yesterday I fell asleep while watching the news and couldn't get into gear after that.

Today, though, I feel restored and recharged. The good news is that there's only about 3-4 hours left on everything except Selfies, which I estimate at 8, so it looks like it will all be done in time. And the hurricane is headed south, not north, so (despite the fact that I spent 40 bucks on a backup battery yesterday— or maybe because) a power outage is far less likely.


So far today:

Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I decided to do just one "Bus Only" on the street. More than that would have looked too cluttered, and it did look too naked without any verbiage.

Yesterday:
Closing Up, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I'm going to do some more on this one right now, so there will be an update soon.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment