Monday, October 15, 2018

Weekend Work, And A Little Self-Indulgence

I worked sporadically from Friday through Sunday and then a little this morning. It's a new week, and though I look forward to the ones where I don't have to leave the house and can just concentrate on painting, this is not going to be one of those weeks. But I'll fit as much work in as possible.

Over the weekend I managed to mess up the measurements on the new painting, so I've had to let it dry before going back in and correcting it. I did some more on the wigs painting, and indulged myself by starting a new little cat portrait— I'm doing a bunch of these as a goofy sort of project; a wall of cat mug shots, so to speak. But here's this morning's work:

Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Each of the tiles is slightly different in color, and there's the added trick of the light coming from the skylights above. So there's some variation. But I like the way it's going so far, and have been using a little gel medium to glaze the green colors.
Here's the new painting in progress:
The Promise of Evening, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
And the latest on the wigs:
Wigs And Shades, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Last but not least, my little cat painting:
Grey Tabby, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)



No comments:

Post a Comment