Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Today Is Not Yesterday, Thank God

You know how sometimes, every once in a while, you have a day that's just a total disaster from start to finish? Well, that was yesterday. I would have been better off staying in bed.

It began with a post from one of my Facebook friends about the slaughter of dozens of elephants in Botswana, which nauseates me, as it would any thinking human being. Didn't read the article; the headline and photo were enough. (Maybe it was the Trump kids?)

On to the dentist, where the anesthetic made me nearly pass out. I won't bore you with the rest of the day; suffice it to say it all went downhill from there. Today things seem to be back to normal. I did get some work done, but much more needs to be painted to make the deadline.

For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
On the above, I've finished (I think) the tablecloth, painted the windows of the building across the street, and added some wallboard trim near the floor on the left side.
Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Worked on the bottom center panel and some of the background of the restaurant. Penciled in the stripes on the girl's pants, need to paint them in now.
Closing Up, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Darkened the interior and worked on the mural, left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment