Monday, September 10, 2018

Approaching Storm

With things being as tight as they are regarding the upcoming deadline, I'm concerned about the impact of the hurricane that's on its way to the east coast. Trees will fall, the lights will go out, and I'll be unable to paint in the dark and without access to the reference photos for my paintings on the computer. So I'm going to try to do as much as possible before Thursday night.

Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon working on this piece, and yet there's very little to show for it. You might notice the fragments of the words "Cabernet" and "Malbec" on the right side, but everything else I did is less visible.

Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
In the evening, I darkened some areas on the painting below, most notably the mural on the right side, in an effort to make the hanging lights more prominent. 

Closing Up, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
And this morning I did a lot on the little Brooklyn painting:

When I Woke Up I Was In Brooklyn, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Now, back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment