Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Moving Back to the Studio

In the winter, the studio tends to be cold and dark, so I prefer to paint upstairs. Actually, I'd be upstairs all of the time if I could, but it does make sense to have everything in one place, so two days ago I moved all of the materials and the paintings I've been working on recently back to the dungeon. (I should mention that there's no comfy place to sit down there, either, just a wooden stool at the easel, a reminder of art school days.)

Having everything immediately at hand is a good thing. And I've made some progress on a couple of paintings that I've neglected for months, as well as finishing Endangered Species, in an earlier entry below.

So here's A Woman in a Red Hat, © 2016, work in progress:

More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment