Monday, December 2, 2019

A Shaky Hand And A Soft Brush

Shouldn't have had that second cup of coffee just before working on an architectural painting. And before the arrival of the new Snap! brushes, which hold a line better than the very soft one I was using. Darkened the wall at right and added a lot of shadows to the windows, pillars, and other places. And put in some more time on the grass, though I still don't have a handle on it.

L'Auberge Provençale, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Moved along to a piece that I had thought I'd finished. But I caught a glimpse of it and decided I was wrong; completely repainted the face.

Katie, America Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Last but not least: after letting the paint dry for at least two weeks, detailed some of the darker wave colors:

Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
It looks darker than usual because now that the sun's setting before I finish working, I have to use interior lighting for the photos. Also, there's a lot of glare from the room light on the right side.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment