Thursday, May 30, 2024

Easing Back In

 Today I surveyed the paintings that I was working on months ago, before I dropped everything to concentrate on the ones for the show. There's a wide range: a couple of florals, a mysterious figurative, a night scene of Times Square, a very large figurative, a street scene in SoHo, etc. I'm trying to see which ones are closest to being finished, and then plan to concentrate on them. I really should get a few things done before starting new work!

                                                    A Rainy Night In Alexandria, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Not sure the raindrops are working. Sharpened up some of the table detail.

I put a couple of paintings on the floor across the room from where I am now, and, as usually happens with a break from work I had some new insights into what needs to be done to them. I got the feeling that what I've been doing over the last five months was a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees; I'll try to do better.

 This one is pure fun, gaudy as it is.

                                                   Untitled Sunset, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment