Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Nothing Motivates Like Success

I know the adage is, "Nothing succeeds like success," (and I worry about this in the context of current politics) but I've sold a painting and suddenly feel like everything I do is not a waste of time, is not totally unappreciated.

Yesterday I had some business to attend to at the gallery, but since then have been filled with enthusiasm for what I may yet accomplish. I went through the reference archives and pulled a bunch of images that I can't wait to work on; today I went into the studio and picked up on a rather complicated painting that I've been avoiding for a while, and worked on a couple of others as well.

So here is Counterpoints, and a few others.
Counterpoints, © 2016, work in progress

Whole Foods, © 2016, work in progress
A Woman in a Red Hat, © 2016, work in progress  (the hand is giving me trouble)

and--- it's always exciting at the beginning---
Pershing Square, © 2016, work in progress




No comments:

Post a Comment