Friday, August 19, 2016

Fifteen Paintings

That's how many I was able to work on this week. I averaged three a day; I get tired of sitting on my hard little art school-type wooden stool after a while, and need to get up and walk around. Still, I usually get in four hours a day of painting. Sometimes I think about friends of mine who are across town or in the District, who are doing the exact same thing.

Anyway, today's work is:
Bartending, Mt. Washington, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Not sure if making that left side wall a deep green was a good idea; will have to live with it for a couple of days and see how I feel then.

Reception From 5 - 9, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view).

Visited the gallery today and realized why the lighting on the right side has been giving me trouble: there's a spot light on the ceiling. But those wine glasses! Aaaaarghhh!

Counterpoint, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Again, not sure about the wall color, though it looks alright here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment