Monday, September 19, 2016

Fun

Landscapes are something I struggle with, but they're more fun to paint than some other subject matter. I'm trying to tone down the greens in Narmada and Bluemont without losing the brilliant feeling of the sunlight, and have been using a little burnt umber in both the sky and the foliage. I do like Winsor blue in the shady areas.

Narmada, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 Anyway, I worked on Narmada for a while this morning, and took a break to gesso some new canvases. That didn't go so well— used to be I'd do the stretching by hand, but several months ago I bought a stretching pliers, and one of the canvases got stretched pretty tight. As a result, the gesso application made the stretcher bars warp the canvas out of shape. I can probably take the staples out of the back and re-stretch, but what a pain in the neck that's going to be.

Next, I returned to that nasty job of the signage on Rita's. The less said the better, but eventually it'll be alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment