Friday, September 30, 2016

The Last Lap Seems Like It's Longer

When I get to the end of a painting and it looks like it's done, or nearly done, it's disappointing to sit down to work on it and then realize there's a LOT more finessing to do. Such is the case with both of the paintings below. They still need much more attention to details like the floor, the figure on the right, and the hot pink shirt in Counterpoint. Reception From 5 - 9; I can't enumerate how many things need work. But I made some progress on them today.

Here's Counterpoint, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view):

I really hope I'm not going to have to sand that blotchy wall area at top left and repaint...

And here's Reception From 5 - 9, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment