Friday, March 16, 2018

Winding Down: One More To Go

Taking a break from an exhausting morning session; I may or may not get to the last painting for the week, Evening Star. The Gauntlet has so many layers of color, so much glazing to do, I'll end up covering the whole surface with paint two times. But I want those rich, deep reds to look dimensional.

The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 
 
Next— since I already had a lot of red on the palette (and which I'm transferring onto the couch from the sleeve of my bathrobe, which somehow got dragged into it) I moved on to the fire extinguisher project. It's very tedious and slow going there.

In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And then for something more pleasurable:

For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 

Last night I worked on Eddie and Jeff, and was quite pleased with the progress. I thought it looked like them, hooray! Now today I'm not so sure.

Eddie and Jeff, America Series, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I'm going to stare out the window now and try to relax.




No comments:

Post a Comment