Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Painting, vs. Painting The Porch

So, about 10 days ago we hired a guy to paint the porch. He was doing an excellent job, so about halfway through, my husband paid him half of the agreed upon amount. We haven't seen him since. That was last Wednesday, and the porch furniture has been out on the front lawn, in the rain and heat (it is waterproof) for 10 days now, and not only do we look like fools but we can't enjoy our own porch or invite friends over. And yes, we did call him twice, but no answer and his mailbox is "not set up to take messages."

Meanwhile, I have galleries to keep happy with new work, and a couple of commissions to work on. But here's what I did today: paint the porch. This is my newly decorated wrist guard, without which I find myself in rather awful pain when I use a house paint brush:


And here's what I worked on while taking a break from the porch painting:


Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Part of the skyline in the lower right area is now visible.

My goal is to work on 3 paintings a day, so I'm going to have to do 2 of them tonight. The mosquitoes are starting to come out and it's already almost 5:45.


No comments:

Post a Comment