Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Sometimes My Paintings Scare Me

This is an example of one. Just looking at it before I begin to paint is daunting; how will I ever get the color/value/technique right? Will I mess it up completely? How am I going to blend that area into the one next to it without it look harsh and banded? How long is this going to take?

This morning's work:

In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
You see that cast shadow from the fire extinguisher at lower left? Well, it's all wrong. The edge is supposed to be soft, and it kind of graduates from a midtone grey to a light grey as it goes down. Also I pulled off a few bits of that carefully graduated left side when I removed the low-tack tape I had in place to keep from overbrushing. 

Wanted to get back to the porch today but it's been rainy and the part of the floor that I painted yesterday is still tacky. Plus, I have a mean looking blister on the middle finger of my right hand from applying pressure to the house paint brush. So today is a bit of a respite.

Gross looking, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment