Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Progress On Two Fronts

 Most of what motivates me to work on a certain piece is a sense of annoyance; something irks me and I need to fix it right away. Such is the case with the two below; I've been so bothered by the way the facial profile got lost in the ivy last session that I had to get to it; likewise with the unpainted areas on the cafe piece.

 I spent quite some time re-drawing and repainting the face, then worked much of the background shadow, the blouse, and the hands.

                                                                   Ivy Alcove, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)                   
 

Moving on, I've had some concerns about the very nubbly texture of the canvas for this one. I had the canvas lying around and needed a 10" x 11" image to fit a small frame I've also had lying around. But when I gessoed the canvas, it was not as smooth as I would have liked. I've gone ahead with it with some trepidation, but today it seems to be working alright.

                                                                   'S Nice, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)                   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment