Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Fretting And Fixing

 I should know better than to let a streaky initial layer dry if I want the successive layers to have a deep, transparent look, but no. So I've had to fix it with a slightly opaque cobalt-and-white mix. Fortunately, it worked; it probably won't have the depth I wanted in the first place, but it'll do as a base layer.

Meanwhile I decided to indulge my craving for color on this one and so I've started placing some reds, yellows, and especially turquoise, where they're going to be built up in a more subtle way. I still need to even out the grey components before I can really get into the color.


                                                    Glen Echo, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)      

No comments:

Post a Comment