Thursday, December 7, 2023

When It Rains, It Pours

 The lead-up to February is going to be busy; I've just entered an online show and am scrambling to produce new work for another; there is also an invitational show to get ready for. Of course, this entire month will be filled with holiday prep and also my dentist tells me I need to make two appointments for dental work. She does not want to hear about the need for time to paint.

There is the possibility of returning to New York for the Affordable Art Fair in March. I am working on several pieces for that opportunity.

Meanwhile, I've had a recent invitation from the Susan Calloway Gallery for a two-person show in May. I may not sleep much between now and then.

Here's what I've been busying myself with over the last 24 hours:

                                            Bowery Graffiti Wall (Revok + Pose), work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I lengthened the pants legs on the woman pedestrian. This makes her more visible, as the pants length cut off right at the base of the mural. Also did a lot to the left side.

                                            The Happy Hour II, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

Much tiny detail painting, especially visible on the bottle labels. 

                                            I Was There Once, Too, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I'm trying, every few days, to modify the face. Added a few touches to the legs, and the bench.

                                            Persephone, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I promise you she doesn't look as startled as she appears here; I did a great deal of modeling on the skin and it looks much more subtle in real life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment