Thursday, September 19, 2024

A Banner Day In The Studio

 Despite a late start, I worked on 5 separate pieces today, and made good progress on all of them. I'm especially pleased with the way the figure has developed in A Rainy Night In Alexandria; it has almost a photographic realist sense now. I've never done quite as well with a figure before... Well, maybe Night Coming On...

The day started off with:

                                                      Annuals, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I finally overcame my fear of placing the hanging baskets on the right side, and filled in some areas that were bare.

                                                      Lenny C., America Series, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 This one also took some courage. I rubbed off the entire face with sandpaper and then started over again. It's nowhere near done, but it's much better now. I enjoy working on this one of a healthy man (note pink in cheeks) who loves living his life. It will be a nice addition to the America series.


                                                      A Rainy Night In Alexandria, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 Ah, today's winner. I'm very happy with the subtleties on the figure. And I didn't like the tails on the raindrops, so I eliminated them.

                                                      Exit, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 Since art school, there is little that makes me happier than adding layer upon layer of Alizarin Crimson. But I also worked on the turnstile bars today.


                                                      Another Thursday Evening, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Tried to marry the wood colors in the counters with glazing. I think it worked.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment