Sunday, July 30, 2017

Partying and Painting

I've been trying to fit some painting in between social calendar events; a good friend retired recently and his hubby has gone all out in celebration of the event. There were about a hundred people at the Thursday night surprise party at a local restaurant, and maybe 35 at a brunch yesterday. Also: boating with a couple we know at the lake near their house. Nevertheless, I got a little work done on the following, and will try to tackle something else this afternoon.

Atlantic Ocean Series #11, Dawn Phase, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I've been working from the top down, adding more detail as I go.

The Chair, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 The reflections on the foreground table look awkwardly done. I need to blend them into each other more so they don't look so defined.


No comments:

Post a Comment