Monday, October 15, 2018

An Attempt To Get It Right

Originally, I created this image through the use of three layers in Photoshop: a basic background layer with the main image; a separate layer for the view of the marshland through the window; and then another layer of the main image on top. So when I pencilled in the vertical lines to establish the window frame at the top, I dimmed the two lower layers and used the measurements on the top layer. The next time I got back to it, I used the lower layer, not realizing my mistake; the measurements are offset from the top layer by nearly an inch. Things didn't line up. After figuring out what was wrong, I let it dry and have now gone back and drawn the window frame lines correctly. Have also blocked in a few areas.

The Promise of Evening, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment