Sunday, December 30, 2018

I Love Painting

Today I got a lot of minor housework tasks out of the way and then settled down to paint. The Hunger Games movies are on TV so I listened to the first two while working, and it just felt so good to concentrate on the paint strokes and mixing of colors without feeling like I'm on a deadline.

The wigs painting: worked on the hot-pink-haired mannequin. I need to find a tube of paint that will let me match that absurdly vivid hair color. Did a lot on the nose and sunglasses.

Wigs And Shades, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Also worked on the country inn. Paid special attention to the windows and the roof lines. I look forward to filling in the trees and bushes in the background where they silhouette against the blazing sky, and detailing the stone walls of the inn.
 
L'Auberge Provencale, February, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
This is the latest work on the Variations painting. I'm putting in some earth tones on the stones so they're not a monotonous grey.
 
Variations On A Theme #5, © 2018 (click on image for larger view)
 
All in all, a good afternoon of restful painting.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment