Friday, January 4, 2019

Out To Lunch

It's the time of year when I try to catch up with friends I haven't seen for a while, so I've had to put the brushes away for a couple of days. Had lunch with an artist friend today; it was a good chance to see her after a lapse of about 16 months, as I had to drop off a painting for a show in the Clarendon area, which was easy for her to get to on the Metro. We had a nice time and covered a lot of ground regarding art marketing.

Tomorrow, another art friend (actually a former painting teacher) and her husband are coming over for dinner, so there's a lot of cleaning and cooking going on. Buy I do worry about finishing the commissioned piece, so have been concentrating on it whenever I get a chance.

Wigs And Shades, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

There's an undeniable satisfaction in being able to use loose, expressionistic strokes on the fuzzy-haired mannequin, though if the paint gets too thick it defeats the purpose of trying to make the work look real.

No comments:

Post a Comment